Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Commercial hair dyes...they only last a few weeks in my hair?

I was a light golden blonde (bleached). I went to the hair dressers to change my hair from blonde to light ash brown (i throw a lot of gold). I came out with a gross reddy-brown colour i paid a small fortune for....i have long hair just passed the middle of my back. On the bright side, it was a good "filler" colour to then re-dye my hair. So i purchased a few packs of a hair dye - i think its Clairol brand, light ash brown. It worked lovely! It is the perfect colour i wanted, however it only lasts a few weeks then fades and the reddy and gold tones come through. This is using the approprite colour shampoo and conditioners AND the conditioner the Clairol colour came with as a top up once per week.



Colour on colour goes darker and i am worried colouring it as i do will cause it to go black. Help? Or due to the tones will it be ok?



Commercial hair dyes...they only last a few weeks in my hair?

Try - Loreal creme casting gloss



It lasted about a month in my hair (when i was in spain and swimming in the pool and the sea!)



It smells lovely too!



It's semi-permanent and says it lasts 28 washes...



Hope you find something that works!



xxxxx



Commercial hair dyes...they only last a few weeks in my hair?

sounds like u purchase wal mart color kits which isnt good decision making. which is why your color is fading..go to sallys %26amp; get the same color in clairol. it will last a looot longer :) just get ash brown in clairol %26amp; match up what level u need like level 5 or w/e which is like light brown i think. so when u go to retouch ur hair..just put it on the roots for like 15 minutes %26amp; then put it on the rest of ur hair for 15 minutes %26amp; that should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment