Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Purple shampoo crisis?

Today I used purple shampoo to tone my blonde highlights, i've left it in before for longer then the recommended time and my hair dresser told me it was fine, today I left it in for approx. the same time and NOW I HAVE PURPLE HIGH LIGHTS?! How can I get it out, I've tried rinsing it about 3 times with normal shampoo and NOTHING. They're only slightly purple but STILL.



Purple shampoo crisis?

Blonde hair grabs all color if it is light enough because the pigment is gone. You probably didn't notice the purple the first time you did it because it was so subtle. It just absorbed more this time and made it noticeable. Blonde hair doesn't let go of color very easily, so I recommend going back to your hair stylist and asking her what to do. You may want to consider another stylist, because your current one should have known to warn you. And yes, purple conditioner is ok every once in a while to get rid of the brassy build up blonde hair gets, but don't use it frequently or leave it in long. Also, you said you left the shampoo in longer? I hope you meant conditioner. Don't leave shampoo in your hair period. It's best just to use a shampoo and conditioner meant for blonde hair that way you can get rid of the brassy buildup and keep your blonde color looking good without risking the color change. Try sheer blonde. If you don't do that, then just stick with the colorless shampoo and conditioner. For now, go back to a professional for help.



Purple shampoo crisis?

you and me are in the same boat today..i used a shampoo like that too and now i have black violet patches here and there...i think it will wash out..if not you can purchase a toner in the store that will work ...this one helped me once a long time ago..http://www.lorealparisusa.com/haircolor/...



get the one for blondes..their is peroxide in this..it will remove all orange or violet tones from your highlights only but it will not change your base color..being that the rest of your hair at all



Purple shampoo crisis?

Use a clarifying shampoo. It is meant to remove chemicals and build up from your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment