Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

What would you do? I went to this one hair dresser six weeks ago who did a great job on giving me a cut and nice layers. I loved the cut so much I am going back to her, but I did not tip her the first time. I didn't realize that hairdressers get tips, so now I feel awkward about seeing her again. The cut is $35. What should I do? Do I double the tip? tell her I didn't know hairdressers get tipped? ask what the typical tip is like? aahhh.



Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

I wouldnt say anything just give her more money this time you should tip them but alot of the time if they work out of there home or something they keep all the money



If they work in a salon they have to pay for there chair or they get paid by the salon so they rely more on the tip



You should at least give 5.00 for a 35.00 cut



Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

I tip 20% to my hairdresser. Last time I didn't have cash to tip her so she said not to worry about it. Next time I went I tipped her double.



Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

For that price cut I would give a $10 tip.



Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

The initial visit doesnt always require a tip because of your reasons above, but when you go again yes tip her. It can be as much as you want to give, its not like a restaurant where the tip is already deducted. You can give what you want.



Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

I always tip my hairdresser...or any service worker for that matter (waiters, etc.). Returning to the same hairdresser is probably "tip" enough for the first time so don't worry about that one. But, when you return, I'd drop her a little extra. Even if it's just a dollar or two.



Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

For a $35 cut, I would give her between $3 and $5 as a tip. That should be enough.



Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

sounds like you dont get your haircut very often, but dont sweat it, next time you go just let her know you forgot about the tip, but you wanted to make it up to her, im sure she will understand, let me tell you about tipping however, never give more than what you are comfortable with....anything you give us is always appreciated. for a $35 haircut usually $5 bucks is cool, maybe next time give her $10 for the last time you went. after that $5 should be cool.



Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

I pay $11 for my haircut. I usually give $2-3 extra for a tip. I think for a $35 cut you should tip at least $5. Maybe even $10. I don't think you need to double the tip, but you could tell her that when you came the first time, you weren't aware that hairdressers should be tipped.



Do hairdressers get tipped? How much?

The 3 to 5 dollar answer sounds about right to me unless it's a large city where larger tips are more customary. It also has some to do with how much you are satisfied and how much you can afford. If you're an heiress you can leave 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment