Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What is an appropriate gift for an elementary teacher.?

I just finished reading how much one should tip a hair dresser, garbage person, mail carrier, newspaper delivery person and a bartender during the holidays. What about my child's classroom teacher? Seems a bit simple to just by this important person an ornament?



What is an appropriate gift for an elementary teacher.?

I really appreciate the gift cards as well. I once received a blockbuster give card strapped to a bag of microwave popcorn and that was great! I also really like homemade things like cookies and suck. I once received homemade jams and that was really great! As for the limit on gifts I have never heard of that before. We are allowed to accept whatever we want.



What is an appropriate gift for an elementary teacher.?

As a clasroom teacher I can tel you that the gifts I appreciate most are gift cards - especially for Barnes and Noble or Amazon. Much better than candy or some apple-related decoration. I had a parent give me a beer sampler basket last year also. That was great. You should check your local guidelines for the proper amount. In my district we arent allowed to accept anything over a certain amount.



What is an appropriate gift for an elementary teacher.?

Things remembered has nice things for a deck for about $20-$30



What is an appropriate gift for an elementary teacher.?

I have to agree with baldisbeautiful. I am also a school teacher, and gift cards are wonderful. I know as an elementary teacher, I spend so very much money on school things for my kids and my classroom, I don't have much left for fun. If your child's teacher is a woman, many also appreciate gift cards for manicures and pedicures, nice department stores, things like that. Doesn't have to be a lot, just a bit to ease the purchase. I have also gotten baskets filled with school supplies, such as dry erase markers, pens, liquid paper, Sharpies, and other supplies. Those are wonderful, too.



What is an appropriate gift for an elementary teacher.?

Teachers are most appreciative of gifts that come from the heart. Do not give anything of value. A mug that says "world's greatest teacher" or something similar is appropriate and will be relished.

No comments:

Post a Comment