Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Trimming/Cutting my own bangs? Best way to go about it?

I cut my own bangs all of the time, just because the hair dresser I go to always ends up making them way too short or just not how I'd like them. Right now they're growing out side-bangs, but instead of trimming them I want to add some volume to them by cutting in some more layers (just like, two or so) and angling them. How should I go about this?



Trimming/Cutting my own bangs? Best way to go about it?

I cut my own, too.....to get layers, comb your bangs down straight (wet works best for me)



Take your comb and pick up a layer, from the top, of the bangs and trim the desired length. Hold the bangs you want to cut at about a 90 degree angle to your forehead.



Then, use a hairband or clips to hold the cut part up, and comb out another layer, cutting LESS than the first layer.



Now, if you want angling done, with your bangs combed straight down and damp, hold your scissors handle at just a tad of an angle away from your face and cut UP into the bangs...give a great effect!



Good luck! and remember to only cut small amounts off until you get the feel for the new procedures...hair will always grow back, but it does so slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment